- Dismiss a traffic ticket, earn a car insurance discount, and fulfill employer/court requirements - you can take the course only once every 12 months.
- 6-hour course approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) and accepted by all Texas courts.
- Downloadable certificate available for FREE.
- You have the option to purchase a court-required type 3A driving record.
- Texas DPS Certified Type 3A Driving Record
- Certified driving history which includes violations, restrictions, accidents, and traffic school completions
- Acceptable for submission along with the Texas Defensive Driving Course certificate
- Obtained from the Texas Department of Safety
- Once retrieved records will be emailed to you and will also be available for download through your account
Texas Defensive Driving Course Online
Our 6-hour Texas Defensive Driving Course is approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). Completion of the course will allow you to dismiss a traffic ticket, earn a car insurance discount, and fulfill employer/court requirements. The course is accepted by all Texas courts. Upon completion we will email you a certificate of completion. You can also order a physical certificate to be shipped to you via USPS First Class Mail or USPS Priority Mail Express for an additional charge. This course is 100% online - you are not required to visit a classroom. Our certified defensive driving instructors have developed this course to fulfill the requirements of TDLR while keeping you entertained and engaged.
Benefits of Taking the Texas Defensive Driving Course Online
- 100% online defensive driving course - no classroom required
- Available 24/7 from any device
- Lowest price allowed by law with no hidden fees
- Audio narration included for free
- Certificate emailed for free
- U.S.-based customer support team
- #1 rated Texas defensive driving course
TDLR-Approved Texas Defensive Driving Course
Our Texas defensive driving course has been approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. We have quickly grown to be the leading provider of defensive driving in Texas with our entertaining course, client-focused customer support, affordable fees (lowest allowed by law), and transparent pricing policy. We look forward to helping you receive the benefits of taking a Texas-approved defensive driving course.
Frequently Asked Questions
This course will take 6 hours to complete which is the minimum amount of time required by Texas law. You may log in and out to complete the course at your own schedule - it will always resume from where you left off.
Nope, you have unlimited retakes on your chapter end quizzes. You can move on to the next chapter once you score 70% or higher. There is no final exam so you're guaranteed to pass this Texas defensive driving course.
There is no final exam for the Texas defensive driving course.
Upon completion a certificate will be emailed to you. For an extra charge you can request a physical copy mailed to you via USPS First Class Mail or USPS Priority Mail Express.
You may take this course once every 12 months.
You are eligible to take this course if you: (1) Hold a valid non-commercial drivers license; (2) Have been cited for a minor moving violation; (3) Have NOT completed a defensive driving course in the last 12 months; (4) Did NOT commit your infraction in a construction zone. If you still are unclear as to whether you qualify for traffic school, contact your court and request more information.
No. If you were ordered by a court/judge to take a seat belt course or you were cited for a seat belt violation, you must take a Texas-approved seat belt course. Please contact your local DMV for a list of approved seat belt courses providers.
Yes, once you finish the course a certificate will be emailed to you.
Yes. Generally you will still have to pay the ticket even if you are taking the Texas defensive driving course. Speak with the court clerk for more details.
You have already completed and passed a DHSMV Online Permit Exam. Please click below button to check.