DriveSafeToday.com, Inc. collects information from you when you register on our site, place an order or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, driver’s license number, driver’s license state, citation/ticket information, sex, date of birth, eye color, and a series of identity confirmation questions. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- To issue a certificate of completion evidencing your completion of a defensive driving course. The certificate of completion may have some or all of the information that you provide.
- To notify the state authority of your completion of the course.
- To confirm your identity. Many state authorities require that we confirm that the person who signs up for a course is the same person taking the course. We will ask you a series of identity confirmation questions during registration. You will be prompted to answer these questions during the online driver’s ed course.
- To contact you regarding services and products provided on our website. We may send you emails notifying you of new services and products that we provide. We may also send you emails reminding you to retake the course. You have the option to unsubscribe from these emails.
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. Your credit card information is not stored or saved on our website. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Your information is only handled by staff that is trained to keep the information private. You can confirm the validity of the SSL and the use of a Payment Gateway by clicking on the SSL certificate and Payment Gateway certificate provided on all pages that require your credit card information.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Your information may be provided to the appropriate court or state authority to evidence the completion of a course. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), if you are under the age of 13, you should not provide us with any information. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.