- 4-hour North Dakota Defensive Driving Course Approved by the North Dakota Highway Patrol (NDHP).
- Qualify for Up to a 5% Car Insurance Discount for At Least 2 Years in Accordance with Chapter 26 1-25-04_1 (Contact your insurance company for more information on discounts).
- Audio and Video Streaming Formats Available.
- You may Retake the North Dakota Defensive Driving Course as Often as Needed for a Car Insurance Discount.
- Unlimited Exam Retakes Included for Free.
- Certificate of Completion Provided for Download Immediately Upon Course Completion.
North Dakota Insurance Discount and Crash Prevention Course
Our Insurance Discount and Crash Prevention Course is available to all North Dakota drivers under 55 and has been approved by the North Dakota Highway Patrol (NDHP).This 4-hour course is designed to teach drivers basic defensive driving techniques in a fun and interactive way while adhering to strict NDHP standards. Drivers completing this course are eligible for a 5% car insurance discount for at least 2 years. Please note: While our courses do provide a driver discount, they will not remove points from a driver’s license.
How our NDHP-Approved Crash Prevention Course Works
All DriveSafeToday courses are conducted in a 100% online environment and are self-led. Course materials can be accessed at any time and can be completed on your own schedule.The North Dakota Crash Prevention Course requires a minimum score of 80% on the final exam, but students are able to retest an unlimited number of times for free. This course can be repeated as often as needed to acquire a car insurance discount.
Insurance Discounts and DriveSafeToday’s Crash Prevention Course
Per Chapter 26 1-25-04 of the North Dakota driving code, North Dakota drivers completing our Crash Prevention Course are eligible to receive a car insurance discount for 2 years or more.After completing the course, drivers will receive a certificate of completion via email. Drivers seeking an insurance discount should send this certificate to their insurance provider after confirming their eligibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Not at all! You can take as little or as much time as you want per sitting until you're done.
You will have to notify your car insurance agent; please submit your Certificate of Completion to them for the discount.
No, please contact the DMV for steps on how to remove points from your license.
STATE REPORTING FEE
You have already completed and passed a DHSMV Online Permit Exam. Please click below button to check.