- NJ MVC-approved 6-hour online course
- Remove 2 points from your NJ driving record once every 5 years (NOT valid for TLC/commercial or out-of-state licenses)
- Up to 10% car insurance discount for 3 years
- Text, audio, and video streaming formats available
New Jersey Online Defensive Driving Course
Our New Jersey Online Defensive Driving Course has been approved by the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC). This 6-hour course can be completed once every 5 years and will remove 2 points from your license. Drivers are also eligible for a 10% car insurance discount for 3 years.
Taking the New Jersey Online Defensive Driving Course
DriveSafeToday’s course is 100% online. You don’t have to worry about visiting a classroom! Drivers will also receive the following benefits:
- 100% online course. No classroom required
- Available 24/7 from any computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Lowest price with no hidden fees
- Audio narration included for free
- Certificate download for free
- U.S.-based customer support team
- #1 recommended course by insurance companies
DriveSafeToday and the New Jersey MVC
To create the New Jersey Online Defensive Driving Course, DriveSafeToday partnered closely with experts and the New Jersey MVC to meet state requirements.Since 2012, we have quickly grown to become the leading provider of online defensive driving courses in New Jersey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the NJ defensive driving course is approved by the MVC. You can even download the Approval Letter to check out.
Yes. The 2 points have to already be on your license to qualify for points reduction.
You may take the NJ defensive driving course once every 5 years for point reduction & once every 3 years for a car insurance discount.
Yes. Once you pass a certificate is emailed to you which you can then submit to your insurance agent. Please contact your agent for more information on the discount.
No, we only submit information to the NJ DMV. If for any reason a court needs to be notified of your course completion, you must personally notify them.
No, this course is only valid for a normal, basic automobile license.
No, this course is only valid for NJ-license holders and we will not notify any other state DMV of completion.
No, it is NOT valid for a commercial license or TLC license. The course can only be used for a regular driver's license.
You have already completed and passed a DHSMV Online Permit Exam. Please click below button to check.