- This course is APPROVED by the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Select this option if you have received a traffic ticket in California and have been referred by the court to complete a traffic school course.
- You may only complete this course once every 18 months.
- The course is NOT timed - complete it at your own pace.
- We immediately notify the DMV of your completion.
- The course is fun, interactive, & 100% online! We provide FREE Completion Receipt and Audio Read Along, so you can listen to the entire course.
- We have no hidden fees - we won't try to nickle and dime you like other providers.
- We will even let you test drive the course for free.
- You must score a minimum of 70% on the final exam to successfully pass.
- You'll have 2 attempts to pass the final exam at no additional charge.
Frequently Asked Questions
STATE REPORTING FEE
You have already completed and passed a DHSMV Online Permit Exam. Please click below button to check.
Drive Safe Today considers “unapproved states” the states that have not approved and/or licensed Drive Safe Today to offer state-approved defensive driving courses and related services. The current list of unapproved states are as follows: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Washington D.C., West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
In the aforementioned unapproved states, permission/approval from the appropriate parties to take one of Drive Safe Today’s courses must be requested and given before registration. Further clarification: You must get your insurance company/agent’s approval to take a car insurance discount course prior to registration. Also, you must get a judge/court’s approval to take one of our court-ordered courses prior to registration.
Drive Safe Today is not liable for any issues that may arise from failing to follow these instructions. As such, no refunds or reimbursements will be given or considered with respect to these terms.